And we want someone who gets to the point quickly.
More about the job
If you like research, read widely and write well, then you will enjoy working as a Junior Copywriter.
You’ll be writing a lot of copy for websites, particularly for businesses. As you find your feet, you’ll also write for print formats, including leaflets, flyers, sales letters, brochures and other marketing literature.
Other things you’ll be doing include:
- keeping our clients happy with great work, and building up a good relationship with them
- marketing our services – by letter, on the phone and online
- using social media to get the word out about our business
- copy-editing and proofreading.
Clients pay us because they know that our writing is a good investment. It helps them to sell.
You need the ability to provide it for them.
More about you
You’ll love writing and do lots of it. You’ll want to know how to use words to convince readers and get them reaching for their bank card.
These things would also get you off to a flying start:
- Familiarity with the bits of the online world that concern copywriters – search engine optimisation, content management systems, HTML and so on.
- An interest in advertising copywriting, and how it works (or fails)
- A liking for Macintosh computers – you’ll be working on one
- A thirst for facts, detail and research.
In return, we offer individually-tailored training, flexible working hours and the chance to have a lot of fun helping a small copywriting agency to grow. If you’re ambitious and able, expect rapid promotion.
We will pay the best rate we can for the best applicant. Please state your current salary (or salary expectations) in your covering letter.
Hours & Location
This is a full-time job, based in Colchester. You will be working from our Hawkins Road offices (they’re here).
How to apply
If you’ve got the qualities we need, get in touch.
Send an up-to-date CV, covering letter and three examples of your writing, in any style or format, to:
Ben Locker & Associates Limited
The Colchester Centre
Colchester CO2 8JX
OR email the same documents to this address.
Applications must be received by Friday 26th March 2010. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Wednesday 31st March.
Please do not phone regarding this vacancy. If you have queries, please email. No agencies.